IPMI won't get IP...board DOA?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Finally got my X10SDV-4C-7TP4F in and tried to fire it up for the first time tonight. However the board doesn't appear to want to boot and the IPMI port will not get an IP address so I have no way of seeing what's on the screen (no way to connec to a VGA port at the moment).

I've test with different RAM and with everything unplugged from the board except a single stick of RAM and nothing. I'm right now letting the board sit with the CMOS battery out for a few minutes. However, if I can't even get an IP to the IPMI device, does that mean I have a DOA board?

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
You need to enable it in BIOS.
The two D-1537 boards I got (which are identical besides the CPU difference) just worked right out of the box and the IPMI got an address. I always configure my SuperMicro boards headless I don't ever remember having to turn IPMI on in the BIOS.

Also, I get no POST beeps upon powering on the system.

BennyE_HH

Mar 30, 2016
SuperMicro still didn't post the manuals, but a "Reference Guide" appeared a short while ago:
Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X10SDV-7TP4F

Have you verified the jumper positions of e.g. JPB1 (BMC) and JPME1/JPME2 (ME Recovery Mode / Maintenance)?
It would be sad to DOA the board if just somebody forgot to put the good jumper in position.

If all is fine, my initial reaction would match your DOA intentions.

-Benny

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
SuperMicro still didn't post the manuals, but a "Reference Guide" appeared a short while ago:
Supermicro | Products | Motherboards | Xeon® Boards | X10SDV-7TP4F

Have you verified the jumper positions of e.g. JPB1 (BMC) and JPME1/JPME2 (ME Recovery Mode / Maintenance)?
It would be sad to DOA the board if just somebody forgot to put the good jumper in position.

If all is fine, my initial reaction would match your DOA intentions.

-Benny
Yup, all jumpers are in the right position. This was the last piece holding up my build too...now I'm gonna be delayed another 2 weeks :(.