IPMI View KVM Console for X10SDV boards

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Has anyone gotten this to work on the newer X10SDV boards? I know there were issues when the boards first came out where the KVM console wouldn't even launch (connection failed error). I hadn't tried in a few months and downloaded the latest IPMI View (v2.12) for Windows just now. The KVM console launches but it freezes if I try to hit any keyboard keys. Also I no longer see the options to choose virtual keyboard / storage options.

Last edited:

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I had this issue upgrading the IPMI firmware, i had to factory reset the IPMI configuration for the remote console to work again.
I think I had that issue some time ago as well on a few 2U servers (non-Xeon D).

I did send this thread to the head of SM's IPMIview and firmware.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Yes - I continue to have problems using IPMI console with IPMIview from newer SuperMicro boards. Failed connection error.

Never really cared enough to start a case with SM.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Yes - I continue to have problems using IPMI console with IPMIview from newer SuperMicro boards. Failed connection error.

Never really cared enough to start a case with SM.
I did it, good to hear more feedback. The clear config does work.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
All of a sudden today after creating a new shortcut to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SUPERMICRO\IPMIView\IPMIView20.exe" on my Windows 10 desktop, I'm able to connect to all 4 of my newer Xeon D boards. Not sure what changed (if anything) but right now it's working. Using IPMI firmware version 3.30 on 3 of the boards and 3.31 on the other. All are working.