Intel S3710 800GB 200 bucks

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pc-tecky

May 1, 2013
The same seller: A newer posting, but photo says they are 3510s, not the 3710.. still ~$200 for 800GB... did you see the price for the HP 1.92TB SSD drive (way under $500)?

Razvan

Aug 4, 2015
I remember reading that the OEM branded parts (HP) have different firmware and there are gotchas in regard to updating using the Intel ssd toolbox, (un)availability of some SMART attributes and/or using them on non HP hardware? Did I misread that or is this still an issue?

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I remember reading that the OEM branded parts (HP) have different firmware and there are gotchas in regard to updating using the Intel ssd toolbox, (un)availability of some SMART attributes and/or using them on non HP hardware? Did I misread that or is this still an issue?
You are correct sir, I have a few of these drive and I've found no way of updating them with the intel firmware.
This drive have alot of endurance so I am not to concern about what smart is reporting, and the performance is identical of the one with intel firmware.

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
Spotted those too, and was going to snap them up until I saw ES... just not sure how I feel trusting my data to them.:oops:

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
You can't update FW in intel ES drives. I think ES SSD is worse than ES CPU (which I still don't want to touch). With a CPU, you'll get blue/purple screen/non-boot issues when the bugs hit. With an ES SSD, you may not find out you have bad data until it's too late.