Intel S2600CP2J Motherboard Dual 2011 Socket 2 x E5-2670

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

foobar

Dec 23, 2016
Hi,

I am part way though a self build based on some components I bought from ebay.

I have assembled the computer but can not get access. The machine boots I can see the bios startup screen however there is no response from the usb keyboard(s). So I can't install an OS. Neither can I boots from a USB. stick.

Doing a port scan I found it has BMC web console and have managed to get access. The remote control tab looks like it could provide access but console redirection 'launch console' button is greyed out.

Can anyone help with getting access via USB keyboard or via the web console or alternative?

Many Thanks.

ttabbal

Mar 10, 2016
I don't know if it's still the same, but the remote console on my Intel board needs an add-on module. It's called an RMM3 for my board, yours might use a newer version.

You might try a BIOS/CMOS reset to get USB working.

foobar

Dec 23, 2016
Okay I have tried that and now get a bios screen with a graphic so I am pretty sure the bios has been reset.

Any other ideas on what could be causing the usb to fail would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried two keyboards with combinations of the 4 back usb slots, the internal one and the front ones.

The computer beeps when the keyboards are inserted and removed but there is no response from the keys being pressed.

I am looking at a defective motherboard or are there other things I can try?

Kind Regards,

foobar

Dec 23, 2016
Okay I have tried that and now get a bios screen with a graphic so I am pretty sure the bios has been reset.

Any other ideas on what could be causing the usb to fail would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried two keyboards with combinations of the 4 back usb slots, the internal one and the front ones.

The computer beeps when the keyboards are inserted and removed but there is no response from the keys being pressed.

I am looking at a defective motherboard or are there other things I can try?

Kind Regards,