EU INTEL REMOTE MANAGEMENT MODULE 4 (LITE) (2)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hi,
does anyone have a spare Intel RMM4 (Lite) v1 or 2 ?
I only need the header, have a board with the port already.

Cheapest I found was 50 inc for the RMM4Lite2, but maybe sb is willing to part with a a spare for less:)
Shipping to Germany
Thanks

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
funny thing is I need the port. I'm in Belgium Tell you what, maybe I can find one from the US ebay and we can split it? I have the lite in my intel sc2600p and would like the full.

xexe

Sep 30, 2013
Lite is without dedicated port - only the key to plug into motherboard. The full goes key to plug into MB and dedicated port.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
So the expensive boards with preconfigured port only need lite and the cheap boards need full.
The other modules I know are feature limited in "light" not actually better:p

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
funny thing is I need the port. I'm in Belgium Tell you what, maybe I can find one from the US ebay and we can split it? I have the lite in my intel sc2600p and would like the full.
I'm in US. I have the port but did not come with the flex ribbon cable. So IPMI just shares the NIC.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Monoman

Oct 16, 2013
Rand_, I just put in a bid on one with the rmm4 lite and board. If I win, I'd gladly sell you the rmm4lite module. I will need a cable as the one I bid on doesn't have it. Thanks for the link above.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
let me know if the seller of the link above is not sending to belgium

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I hope you got a good discount, with shipping the offer is not particularly cheap imho.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Off-Topic here but a technical question:
Is it normal (i.e. why) that I get a Intel BMC webpage without the header that I can't login to (used root/superuser)?

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Off-Topic here but a technical question:
Is it normal (i.e. why) that I get a Intel BMC webpage without the header that I can't login to (used root/superuser)?
1. I think default is root/root.
2. Try clearing the browser cache.
3. Not sure if it is my setup or if its a known issue. I use powerline adapter between utility room where my rack is located and my home office upstairs. I loose connectivity sometimes and physically unplug the power. I know it totally defeats the purpose of IPMI and iKVM. Mine is a home lab so didn't investigate further.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
$29 shipped
Not too bad right? I'm not 100% sure it works with my setup. Need to check tonight.
Sounds good. Let me know If I should get that cable.

1. I think default is root/root.
2. Try clearing the browser cache.
3. Not sure if it is my setup or if its a known issue. I use powerline adapter between utility room where my rack is located and my home office upstairs. I loose connectivity sometimes and physically unplug the power. I know it totally defeats the purpose of IPMI and iKVM. Mine is a home lab so didn't investigate further.
1. Nope
2. Nope
3. Hm, I have an RMM in another E5 based Intel Server and it does not happen there that I noticed, so maybe your setup after all

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Interesting..
I found a workaround just now. First I was unable access IPMI via Browser. Added the IPMI address to Supermicro "IPMI View" tool and was able to login there. Did a BMC cold reset and I was able to login via Browser afterwards.

SM's IPMIview tool gets wonky when viewing sensor data on Intel S2600. Rest of the functions seem to be OK.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Sounds good. Let me know If I should get that cable.
I have the same part # from same seller. Have both the dedicated NICs is box somewhere in my garage. :) It did not include the ribbon cable you linked above and I didn't look further for it either as I was only after the tiny module that plugs into the MB.

Both AXXRMM4(R/LITE) do not include cable.
The link below is the whole kit
Intel AXXRMM4 Remote Management Module Kit w/ brackets | eBay

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
OEMXS on ebay has (or had it a couple months ago) the 'whole kit' which they accept their usual 30-50% off.
I got one as i needed the cable/port not the actual 'key' but it had the key too, way better to buy it all then sell what you don't need than buying just the key itself in my experience.