Intel P4000 FUPLESK or alternatives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hi,

anyone know where i could get an Intel GPU Kit for the P4000 Chassis? Can't seem to find it anywhere (not particularly surprising given its age).

Want to try to add a GPU to a server board in that Chassis and not too keen on daisy chaining molex adapters to get 2x8 pin GPU output ...
The pdb has a bunch of 4 pin PCIe slots left but not sure it would work to convert those to GPU?

Thanks

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
You mean power distribution board for oem psu? Right?

They exist, but are too damn expensive to make sense - You would do much better putting normal atx psu inside.

FUPPDBHC
1696338001159.png

(everyone that i know using p4000 - myself included - has replaced the intel stock psu with standard psu, removing the power distribution board itself.)

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Nah, it already has a PDB - I just need the cables to connect from the PDB to the GPU.
Thats what that Kit would have provided if I could find it;)

1696338084583.png

I won't be able to fit an ATX CPU into that chassis since the psu's are on top of each other (like SM 486's).
I can move to an older Intel Chassis and use an ATX PSU, but then the Intel BMC (on Intel S2600) is going to complain about missing components again...and why not use the chassis made for the board if I could get the GPU powered somehow

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Well at least its still available ... $135 + shipping + Import EU though... not sure thats worth it ;)
But thanks:)

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Well at least its still available ... $135 + shipping + Import EU though... not sure thats worth it ;)
But thanks:)
Let me check my parts box in my garage this weekend. I bought both electric & mechanical kits Way back when eBay seller OEM XS / KalleyOMalley had the NIB deal with these P4000 chassis. If you just need GPU power cables, just pay mailing costs and can send you couple.
If they still have them in stock, you can start negotiating with ridiculously low 25% of the list price. If you recall the E5-2670 V1 monster thread circa 2017 has lot of info on the chassis & parts.

Reactions: Rand__

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Ebay search came up empty with the simple keywords... If you have some that would be awesome :)

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Ebay search came up empty with the simple keywords... If you have some that would be awesome :)
Apologies, it took longer than I anticipated. Did find the box they were stashed in. I need better org / labeling of the boxes :) Haven't touched the box in quite a long time. Also, KalleyoMalley's ebay site doesn't have any items. Not sure if they are stopped ebay and now exclusively doing business on their own site.

Intel has a PCN for these PCIe power cables - The only change is 8 pin connector is now 6+2. I do have both cables G25087-001 & G25087-002.

Also, There was a Tech Advisory regarding the High current PDB. Not sure if that is applicable in your case. At that time Intel did send me a replacement PDB.

DM me so we can figure out the logistics.

Reactions: Rand__