EXPIRED Intel P3605 1.6TB NVME 2.5" $55

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nexox

May 3, 2023
I have a couple of these that work alright for single drives, though the pci bracket dimensions are maybe a little out of standard, they fit in three different cases with some care: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07YKQ2C93

If I was going to buy another I think I would try my luck saving a couple dollars and maybe getting a better fit with a 10Gtek, they seem to do a little better build quality than other cheap brands: PCIe 3.0 x4 Converter Board 2.5" U.2/SATA SSD SFF 8639 Connector Adapter | eBay

If you have slots that support bifurcation then you can get passive adapters to 2 or 4 SFF-8463 connectors like: PCIe to U.2 SSD Adapter Card NVMe SSD SFF-8643(4 ports) to PCIe 3.0 x16 | eBay

You'll need cables for those, which aren't cheap, I have bought a couple of these, they have all Amphenol branded parts and work fine, at least at 50cm length:

Reactions: Samir

tozmo

Feb 1, 2017
SOOO tempting, but putting together something that would run these is more expensive the the collective cost of the drives

Layla

Game Engine Developer
Jun 21, 2016
That's just sick! 8TB for $160--that's hard drive prices. :eek:
6.4TB but yeah, I suppose if you wanted to decrease the OP they would be 7.68TB? I just bought a bunch of TLC SAS3 SSDs at a higher price/GB and now I'm regretting that purchase!

grenskul

Nov 8, 2020
got 2 for 44$ each . it's worth it even with vat and shipping on top.
should have tried 40$

doppler_shift

Apr 29, 2017
SOOO tempting, but putting together something that would run these is more expensive the the collective cost of the drives
You could get something like this which is pretty cheap and connect 8 drives to it. The other issue is where do you physically put 8 of these drives - they will need some sort of airflow on them.

doppler_shift

Apr 29, 2017
And the other-other issue is the cables, which will cost something like 50% as much as some users have paid for the ssds.
Still worth it imo even with the cost of cables (you can find deals on those as well), *if* you get a decent quantity of these drives and assuming they're not shot to hell; should be fine given they're rated 5 DWPD for 5 years which comes out to about 14.6 PBW. I'm still wondering where to physically place them though..

nexox

May 3, 2023
My desktop case came with a removable cage for two 3.5" drives directly behind the lower front intake fan, I intend to 3D print a replacement which holds 6 U.2 (planning ahead, I only have 2 at the moment,) cable management will be a mess, especially for power, and the whole cage will have to come out to add or remove drives, but I'm not going to have hot swap capability anyway, so that's not a deal breaker.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
6.4TB but yeah, I suppose if you wanted to decrease the OP they would be 7.68TB? I just bought a bunch of TLC SAS3 SSDs at a higher price/GB and now I'm regretting that purchase!
Yep, I was thinking terms of raw storage. :) Hey, can't hurt to have backups so no regrets. :)

osrk

Sep 2, 2019
So what does “Tested, in great working condition.” mean?
It means when you get them inspect them and read the smart attributes to make sure they weren’t beat like a rented mule.

tbh these enterprises drives are normally fine bc to get the endurance would require a very heavy workload.

Reactions: Samir and nexox

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Glad I incorrect assumed these were AOC and didn't open this until they were sold out... afterall I just got 5 PCIE and didn't need anymore :eek: had these been in stock, and what they are (2.5") I'd have purchased many, sooo lucky me they were sold out :D :D HAHA

great drives :) not fastest or latest and greatest but been wroking for years :) great!