Intel i350-T4 Deal?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Zac_K

Nov 24, 2015
Hamburg/Germany, Graz/Austria
Hey,
While I was searching for good offers on Quad-port LAN cards I found: THIS.
Considering the fact that those cards are selling new for 300€ in Germany it looks like a sweet deal but something is telling me that it is too good to be true. Any opinions about it?

BTW, if you have one or two Quad-Port LAN cards over contact me, maybe we can work something out.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Wow that's expensive! Those are <100 USD for us in the states that's some big price difference.

Zac_K

Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for the hint T_Minus, I think I will watch out at ebay.com for offers, even with shipping and taxes they should be cheaper.
I am not a friend of fakes, I read to much about LAN problems with those.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Why not buy "fakes" from china? Only 49$. As far I know the chip is original from intel only the board was copied from the original.
NEW Intel I350-T4 PCI-Express PCI-E Four RJ45 Gigabit Ports Server Adapter NIC
-You could be chasing ghosts aka hard to troubleshoot actual problem.
-Your system could burn to the ground for saving $20-40 on a part, who knows.
-Your switch could fry due to bad nic and sending power down the line.

Just some worst-case examples of why saving a few bucks could cost a LOT more later.

Zac_K

Nov 24, 2015
Hmm,
hard to tell since the Delta-Chips are missing.
From a comparision with the picutures at the Lenovo page I can't tell if it is fake or not.
But this card doen't have a PCIe connector, looks like it is a mezzani board like HP LOM.