INTEL DC P4600 2TB HHHL TLC NVME - $1449

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
You are comparing a brand new product with more endurance and better performance to a used one.
LOL!!! 11PB vs 9PB I don't think endurance is a deciding factor.

150,000 more write IOPs and read IOPs that might be a deciding factor though :) Then again you could buy 3x of the P3600 series for more endurance, capacity, and more overall performance :D (even random writes though lower overall will handle > mixed workload and thus > perf.)

Obviously new/used warranty/support/etc is what should REALLY be the deciding factor :D

P3600 while not 'new' anymore is far from a slug!

vrod

Jan 18, 2015
LOL!!! 11PB vs 9PB I don't think endurance is a deciding factor.

150,000 more write IOPs and read IOPs that might be a deciding factor though :) Then again you could buy 3x of the P3600 series for more endurance, capacity, and more overall performance :D (even random writes though lower overall will handle > mixed workload and thus > perf.)

Obviously new/used warranty/support/etc is what should REALLY be the deciding factor :D

P3600 while not 'new' anymore is far from a slug!
Yeah the P3600's are still a very good SSD, I am using one in one of my servers. What I'm saying though is that you in general just can't compare refurbed/used equipment. You don't know how many writes those SSD's has have had. Perhaps they've not been used very much or perhaps they have been pushed to the limit.

Same with cars, you always know what you get when you buy a new one but one with 100.000km's that is cheaper might have a much shorter lifespan depending on how the previous owners used it.

And then there's the warranty of course. :)

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Yeah, generally when I look at stuff in the CDW outlet, I only think it is a good deal if it's significantly cheaper to buy the same product somewhere else. Otherwise, anything they've got listed there are waaaay expensive compared to ebay prices. :D

jerrytsao

MILAN X P5800X
Sep 11, 2016
Shanghai, CN
Yeah the P3600's are still a very good SSD, I am using one in one of my servers. What I'm saying though is that you in general just can't compare refurbed/used equipment. You don't know how many writes those SSD's has have had. Perhaps they've not been used very much or perhaps they have been pushed to the limit.

Same with cars, you always know what you get when you buy a new one but one with 100.000km's that is cheaper might have a much shorter lifespan depending on how the previous owners used it.

And then there's the warranty of course. :)
The one you could not tell is P3605 and most other OEMs, for retail products like P3600 you can always read the correct stats from ISDCT

Last edited: