Intel Atom C3000 Denverton – First benchmarks and what we can expect when it is finally...

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
These need to hurry up and be released...I got money burning in my pockets and my wife is a getting anxious to use it so I need to use it before her :)
Hahaha, look at it this way, not releasing it is saving you money.

I am still tempted to get a c3338 board just to test , check memory comparability & performance etc.
I still have not updated my router / firewall yet and I was hoping for less than 20w power consumption but still this may be worth looking at as in a cheap case it's still cheaper than some pfSense netgate appliances.
On that topic interesting to see what they release with c3000 cpu's

Geran

Oct 25, 2016
Hahaha, look at it this way, not releasing it is saving you money.

I am still tempted to get a c3338 board just to test , check memory comparability & performance etc.
I still have not updated my router / firewall yet and I was hoping for less than 20w power consumption but still this may be worth looking at as in a cheap case it's still cheaper than some pfSense netgate appliances.
On that topic interesting to see what they release with c3000 cpu's
It really isn't saving me money because what she wants to buy is 3x as expensive as a mid-range Xeon-D board. :eek:

I'm also considering building a new SFF computer with one of these (X10SDV-4C+-TLN4F) and 1070 ITX to handle gaming and workstation duties.

Geran

Oct 25, 2016
Please do not do this. Way too much GPU for CPU.
After more research last night, I decided against it. Time to keep searching for something that fits my requirement with 10gbe rj45 in a mini-itx form factor.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Still no word on an 8 core release then? I've configured a google alert, I await, impatiently...
Looking for one of the C3758 cpu boards from supermicro A2SDi-H-TF or A2SDi-8C-HLN4F I guess then... no idea but as much as I would like to say soon I guess it well be months away.

diskdiddler

Mar 3, 2017
Certainly hope so!

Partially on topic, does anyone know if there will be a Xeon-D revision? I know about the "network edition" Xeon-Ds this year but is that it?
Is there a 1521 replacement? I'd really like something with 8 SATA ports on it, not 6 and maybe 100mhz faster, just a little bump? Anyone got any clues?

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I saw the 4x10G enhancement but I am sure I read or saw that's about the only change except quick assist performance added.
Never know what Intel will do but I suspect they see C3000 more for Cold Storage than Xeon-D

I still don't see any hints at all about the next release if C3000 chips. :(
I know it will be a little while but seems a Long time coming.