Intel 4U S2600 server rails/mounting - questions

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

katit

Mar 18, 2015
Not sure what I need. According to accessory list - there is 2 different types of rails for this case and I need to mount 2 servers in rack, trying to figure best/budget solution..

1. Value rail kit - AXXELVRAIL - ~$60
2. Advanced rail kit - AXX3U5UPRAIL - ~$100
3. Adjustable rack shelves like those ($25-30) - 3 Pair Lot Adjustable Depth 4-Post Rack Mount Server Shelf Shelves Rail Rails 1U

Question is. What is the difference between #1 and #2 rails? And what do you think about placing server on #3? Main problem - I'm not ready to spend $200 on rails, have better things to buy.

I don't anticipate removing servers. They will be there for good until they break. No need to easily replace RAM, etc.

I lean towards using shelves, but not sure if they will work OK. I want to make sure I can use every U of rack. Like those 2 servers need to be mounted togethere. And APC will be mounted right below them. 4+4+2U - will take exactly 10U of space. Rack I'm getting is 24U startech. I will have 1+1 router/switch, 1U - cable organizer, maybe 2-3 U for on shelf stuff (modem, etc)

katit

Mar 18, 2015
Yes, I bought from this seller. I wish they had them for $40 each :(
I got one pair for $25 from choice #3, will see how it works. At least something. Later I can upgrade if I catch #1 for cheap.

RyC

Oct 17, 2013
I got the full rails (from that kalleyomalley listing) for $20 each, hopefully they'll come back in stock

katit

Mar 18, 2015
Is there any way to monitor eBay automatically? I would get them if they drop to that point. For now I probably going to set server on shelf. It doesn't sound right to spend $100 for rails.

jwegman

Mar 6, 2016
I got the full rails (from that kalleyomalley listing) for $20 each, hopefully they'll come back in stock
Oh yeah, upon reviewing my purchase history, it *was* $40 combined for 2 ($20ea) :) Good stuff when you can get it!