Innodisk SATADOM-SL 3IE3 V2 Firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

cyberjock

Jul 15, 2017
I updated mine from S670330N to S21804i without issues.

From what I've read, once you're on S670330N, you're at a firmware version that, if you couldn't update past that, is good enough for the DOM to not have any premature wearout or any other failures that could be avoided with firmware updates.

Reactions: Go0oSeR

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
From what I've read, once you're on S670330N, you're at a firmware version that, if you couldn't update past that, is good enough for the DOM to not have any premature wearout or any other failures that could be avoided with firmware updates.
I have also verified that even the older version that I have running in "production" also supports trim - so I think everything is good as you say

Reactions: Gamber and Go0oSeR

Afox

May 25, 2023
Can anyone please also sent me the firmware. I sent @Go0oSeR a PM but did not receive an answer yet. My current firmware version is S740305N, P/N DHSSL-64GD09BCADCA-B157. Thanks and best regards

Edit: received it, thanks!

Last edited:

cyberjock

Jul 15, 2017
@Afox PM me and I'll send it to you!

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw you received it.

I wish someone would start an SSD firmware repository. LOL. There's so many brands and models, it would be nice if there was a one-stop shop for firmware shopping.

Afox

May 25, 2023
Thanks for the offer, IMO stuff like this belongs on the website of every manufacturer for infinite time.

Afox

May 25, 2023
One follow up question: Is it really true that all SMART values (like Total LBAs written, Power-On-Hours and Power Cycle Count) get erased/reset when you do this update?

From the directions:
This update will destroy all the data on the drive and resetting the SMART attributes.

Last edited:

mamar

Dec 6, 2023
Hi all, May I ask you to send me the firmware S21804i please ? thanks and best regards guys.

Last edited:

macboy80

Mar 14, 2024
I just purchased 2x with the S740305N firmware. In advance, I had gathered the new firmware and instructions to be prepared (Thasnks!
Go0oSeR.) When i decided to go ahead and do the flash to the latest, I was faced with an error message from mp_64 claiming "flash not supported." This was done through a ubuntu live usb drive with, the drives unpartitioned and plugged into a DOM port. I'm fairly certain that my FW is good with trim, but I wanted to keep this thread updated. I am by not means an expert, but can follow directions pretty well. If anybody knows what I did wrong, I'd love to hear.

Go0oSeR

Jul 13, 2021
The Innodisk support tech who I worked with suggested the following in one of their emails to me "Firmware update tool only works on older version of Linux OS like CentOS 7. Newest Linux distribution like Ubuntu 20.04 LTS won’t work."

Possible to try an older OS live distribution? I believe I used Ubuntu LTS 18.04 to do my upgrade.

Reactions: Gamber

macboy80

Mar 14, 2024
The Innodisk support tech who I worked with suggested the following in one of their emails to me "Firmware update tool only works on older version of Linux OS like CentOS 7. Newest Linux distribution like Ubuntu 20.04 LTS won’t work."

Possible to try an older OS live distribution? I believe I used Ubuntu LTS 18.04 to do my upgrade.
Thanks. I definitely used 20.04. I may try this once I get PBS going, but I think I'm good to roll with the S740305N. I'll advise if it ended up working.

Gamber

Dec 29, 2023
I just purchased 2x with the S740305N firmware. In advance, I had gathered the new firmware and instructions to be prepared (Thasnks!
Go0oSeR.) When i decided to go ahead and do the flash to the latest, I was faced with an error message from mp_64 claiming "flash not supported." This was done through a ubuntu live usb drive with, the drives unpartitioned and plugged into a DOM port. I'm fairly certain that my FW is good with trim, but I wanted to keep this thread updated. I am by not means an expert, but can follow directions pretty well. If anybody knows what I did wrong, I'd love to hear.
I also had this problem. I bought two DHSSL-64GD09BCADCA-B157 on EBay. Firmware S560301N, TRIM is not supported. Bjorn and Go0oSeR sent me firmware S21804i. I tried different distributions and PCs, but everywhere I got the error - flash not supported. I didn't see any differences in the memory chip or anything else. I contacted Innodisk, they requested the DOM serial numbers and said that this is an OEM version for Nutanix. They said that standard firmware versions are not suitable for these devices and sent me firmware version S671115N. The attached instructions stated that in Linux the firmware is installed via hdparm (sudo hdparm --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing --please-destroy-my-drive --fwdownload-mode7 xxx.bin /dev/sdx). I tried it, the firmware was successfully updated and the trim turned on. I decided to take a chance and tried to update the firmware to version S21804i via hdparm. Apparently the protection worked and the firmware returned to version S560301N. After that I updated it again to version S671115N.

UPD:
Crazy device and software. Just for fun, I tried CentOS 7 and successfully upgraded the firmware to S21804i via mp_tool. Low level hdparm can't do this, mp_tool and CentOS 7 no problem :) I can't figure out why Innodisk support didn't tell me about the supported OS and gave me the old firmware version. macboy80 try CentOS 7, everything works.

Last edited:

macboy80

Mar 14, 2024
Thank you @Go0oSeR and @Gamber! I was unable to get CentOS 7 to boot on my server (and had no power cables to use a different system.) It did, however, work perfectly on Ubuntu 18.04. FYI for those reading: The third step of the flashing (Build map ........ Pass !!) takes long enough to make you start worrying, though a minute or two isn't really that long.