iGPU Not Detected on ASRock Rack E3C242D4U

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I've read that I just needed to enable iGPU Multi-Monitor in the "secret" (Ctrl + Alt + F3 at setup screen) BIOS settings to allow the iGPU to function alongside IPMI on ASRock Rack boards but I'm having no luck. I've done this as pictured, but the iGPU will not show up in any Linux OS I've tried (Proxmox, Debian, or Ubuntu). Does anyone have experience getting this to work on one of these ASRock Rack workstation boards?

Code:
# intel_gpu_top
Failed to detect engines! (No such file or directory)
(Kernel 4.16 or newer is required for i915 PMU support.)
CaptureScreen.jpeg

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
it is very likely that the iGPU is not powered, some parts are missing.
furthermore imho the c242 chipset does not support passthrough the iGPU for encoding/transcoding , you need a c246 board with the iGPU powered per design.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
it is very likely that the iGPU is not powered, some parts are missing.
furthermore imho the c242 chipset does not support passthrough the iGPU for encoding/transcoding , you need a c246 board with the iGPU powered per design.
Yea I literally just heard back from ASRock Rack support that the c242 doesn't support the iGPU in this fashion. Which is very disappointing.