IBM M5014 to 9260 reverts back to 5014?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

survive

Apr 19, 2012
Hi guys,

I got one of these M5014 controllers and flashed it using the guide & cd image. The instructions all worked great & I flashed the card without issue. The card was listed as an LSI 9260 in the WebBIOS as expected. I had checked LSI's web site and found that there was a newer firmware (ver. 12.12.0-0124) than what was on the image, so of course I had to go and load that onto the card. The flash worked and said it completed successfully, but when I went into the WebBIOS on the next boot I found that the card was reported to be an IBM M5014 again.

Any idea what I should do to get the card back thinking it's an LSI 9260?

Should I go back and follow the guide and just leave the card on the -0102 firmware? Follow the guide and just flash the -0124 firmware instead?

Ultimately the card will be used in an ESXi box & I want to use the "MegaRAID VMWare SMIS Provider VIB" to monitor my disk heath.

-Will

supermacro

Aug 31, 2012
You beat me to it :)

I had the same issue and all I did was re-flashed the SBR ONLY and it's good to go.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
New FW, I check nearly everyday except for last night.

I'll update my links

You need to change the SBR everytime you update the FW.
I normally change the SBR after flashing new FW BUT before rebooting.
This way you'll know the lsi9260 SBR has actually been flashed (it will give an error if it hasn't)

Cleanflash
reboot
FW flash
SBR flash
reboot

Is what I think is best way to go about it.
Do this everytime for best results
Trying to just flash new FW over top of old may give issues with SBR (latter FW have a check)

supermacro

Aug 31, 2012
Did you notice that when you update the Windows driver to the latest one then the controller shows up as ServeRAID M5015 under device manager? Is there a way to keep the latest driver but have the device manager say "LSI 9260-8i"?