Hybrid (AIO) Gaming desktop, VM Host (Server) & NAS: To do or not to do?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
Is unraid in violation of gpl? or did I miss something in the videos skipping through them?(also any modern vm platform with PCIE pass through could do this)
Yeah they are, in a number of ways.
A. To see the source, you must install which requires accepting the EULA. (EULA states no reverse engineering, or re-release)
B. The source is not complete, he attempts to keep his magic private, however it touches non-system GPL libraries making his code GPL whether he likes it or not... he must release it in binary form.

He can still charge to cover distribution costs but he must publish full source.

Reactions: Patrick and RyC

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
Yeah they are, in a number of ways.
A. To see the source, you must install which requires accepting the EULA. (EULA states no reverse engineering, or re-release)
B. The source is not complete, he attempts to keep his magic private, however it touches non-system GPL libraries making his code GPL whether he likes it or not... he must release it in binary form.

He can still charge to cover distribution costs but he must publish full source.
I looked it up after your post and I see what you mean, I'm surprised he doesn't go towards a "charge for support" method he'd probably make more money on that overall