HPE Gen9 DL 380 Dual Proc E5-2690V3 2.6GHZ 96GB 8 X 600GB 15K SAS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RedCatBlueCat

Sep 8, 2017
Have a few of these but I thought I would start by trying to sell one.

As the title states it is a Gen9 server. This began life as a security appliance, but was really software running on commodity hardware. It was installed by an HP representative at a customer site for evaluation purposes, ran for 9 months and was then uninstalled by said HP tech (aka me).

Everything in the server is as it was delivered from HP. Xeon procs are 12 cores. Drives are original HP drives, OEM ram, Raid controller, power supplies, etc. I have done zero mods to this other than wipe the 8 drives and install Ubuntu on it for fun.

Has Quad 100/1000 copper ethernet on the back plus dual 10Gig SPF+ card. Card does not currently have transceivers installed.

The only thing I don't have is the rack rails. Well, I probably do but I have no idea where they are. My basement legit looks like a Radio Shack exploded.

Would like to get $6,500 for it. Will ship free withing US but since I'm new to this site I would honestly prefer to deal face to face. I'd want you to have a chance to validate the components, fire it up, and make sure you are 100% satisfied.

In the spirit of Sienfeld, "Interesting trades accepted" cars, trucks, boats, firearms (in state), bulk lots of identical IT parts, new/new-ish iPads/iPhones, try me!

I have it up on Ebay but keep getting lowballed by equipment resellers, so if the pics look familiar, that's why.

I live in Northern VA but drive south to NC often and would easily drive 200 miles from 20147 for the right deal. I also travel a lot for work.

Thanks for looking!

image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image4.jpeg image8.jpeg image9.jpeg image10.jpeg image11.jpeg image12.jpeg image13.jpeg

Reactions: Kneelbeforezod