HP SAS Expander Powering Up

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

kirlcheah

Jan 24, 2015
Hi all,

Would like to know whether if I am using this to power up the HP SAS Expander, would it work?
upload_2017-4-30_22-36-57.png
And i just need to jump the power supply cable from the power on switch to the power supply green and black cable for powering on?

Thanks.

Regards.

Mishka

Apr 30, 2017
London, UK
I have one of these (judging by the pic exactly the same one) works fine though I only plugged in power not the USB/PCI-E x1 board.

SAS Expander powered up and ran perfectly fine for me.

kirlcheah

Jan 24, 2015
How do you run it inside the chassis with the power supply? Have to hack the green and black cable and connect it to the power on cable on the chassis?
Thanks for the answer in advance.

Mishka

Apr 30, 2017
London, UK
I just have it in the same case as the mobo using the port at the bottom so dont have to use the external side and make mess outside the case.

Yes connecting the green cable to any black one on a PSU will make it start up so might be best to rig that up to a standard on/off switch (not a PC case one, you need one that is either on or off not momentary) so you can power it up neatly rather than say using a small length of cable.

I will be shortly rigging up a 40mm fan to blow over it though as it does still use 11 watts of power so don't want it getting too warm