HP ProLiant DL160 G5 Windows not detecting NICS.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
I got this server motherboard which I managed to make work with aftermarket fans a while ago. Nics are working fine under linux but Windows do not detect them at all. I really need the gigabit as Im moving the workstation to the office next week. I have upgraded BMC and NIC firmware to the latest available(NICs where not being detected under windows before either.) I am running Windows 10 x64. NICs do not show up under device manager but PCI-Z finds them just fine. I am stuck right now. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
Turns out it's most probably not a firmware issue but an OS issue. I will install arch + esxi + vware and then use windows as a VM.

vrod

Jan 18, 2015
You wanna put 3 OS'es on top of each other? Why use arch? Why not just put esxi on it directly? If you use arch, you will only be able to "nest" esxi and that means no 64-bit VM's.

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
You wanna put 3 OS'es on top of each other? Why use arch? Why not just put esxi on it directly? If you use arch, you will only be able to "nest" esxi and that means no 64-bit VM's.
there was an "or" in there, wrote this on my mobile. It's esxi later this weekend.