HP P410 issues

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

compuwizz

Feb 25, 2017
I have a HP P410 with cache and battery. I updated the firmware to the latest, but then it seems somewhere along the updates HP made it so that you can only use the card in an HP system.

I can't seem to find out what LSI card this is a rebrand of to be able to cross flash it and be able to use it in a whitebox system. Hopefully someone has an idea, otherwise I'll probably have to sell it.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I have a HP P410 with cache and battery. I updated the firmware to the latest, but then it seems somewhere along the updates HP made it so that you can only use the card in an HP system.

I can't seem to find out what LSI card this is a rebrand of to be able to cross flash it and be able to use it in a whitebox system. Hopefully someone has an idea, otherwise I'll probably have to sell it.
That would be because it's not an LSI rebranded card. The HP410 uses a PMC-Sierria 8011 Chipset as far as I know, so there's zero chance of flashing it to LSI :)

Sell the card on to someone that can use it and buy one of the more common LSI cards like the venerable IBM ServeRaid M1015, or the Dell H200/ 310 etc.

Last edited:

compuwizz

Feb 25, 2017
Thanks! I'll probably pick up one of the H220s from IT Mart that are on special here and place this P410 on ebay.