HP ML310e server: $250 (Canada)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wlee

Aug 8, 2014
250 seems to be regular price, as others are selling it for 266, and don't forget $25 shipping on top

Mr. F

Sep 5, 2011
Nice find! I've been looking for one of these and wish I could find one in the US for that price.

Reactions: Patriot

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Nice find! I've been looking for one of these and wish I could find one in the US for that price.
Lenovo ts140 with i3 hitted $200 or 165 after rebate.
I bought one i3. One e3 .
Check on amazon . last month was $230 from upgrade king with freeshipping

Mr. F

Sep 5, 2011
Where to get the trays?
This model comes with 4 Non-Hot-Plug (NHP) trays with blanks in them. You just remove the blanks and install a drive into the tray. I believe the Gen8 SmartDrive Carriers will work, but the LEDs wouldn't do anything unless you bought the hotswap backplane.

Mr. F

Sep 5, 2011
So you dont need anything else in order to install drives?
Correct - unless this is some customized model Newegg.ca is selling. Look up the i3-4150 model here and you will see what I'm talking about. This is the international quickspecs, not sure if that one on Newegg Canada is the US or an international part number. Product documentation

alex1002

Apr 9, 2013
I got this server and even got the trays. It was a big nightmare making it work with my lsi card. I guess it was my fault. I had to flash the firmware. Now all works. One more thing that really impress me. Hp already made esxi 6 custom ISO available.

Downside I couldn't use my older ddr3 Ecc. This server wants ecc udimms

Patriot

Apr 18, 2011
I got this server and even got the trays. It was a big nightmare making it work with my lsi card. I guess it was my fault. I had to flash the firmware. Now all works. One more thing that really impress me. Hp already made esxi 6 custom ISO available.

Downside I couldn't use my older ddr3 Ecc. This server wants ecc udimms
E3 wants UDIMMS ... blame intel not HP.