HP M6720 to a P2000

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tvinn

Sep 29, 2021
Hi,

First time poster here as I very recently got into this stuff so bear with me. I have a question to which I couldn´t find any answers elsewhere.

I have a HP Storageworks P2000 setup with a controller (AW593B) and a disk shelf (AP843A) and I was wondering if there is a possibility that a HP M6720 could be attached to that array as well?
I know it´s by no means officially supported but I couldn´t find any info on this elsewhere.
Does the firmware limit connections to only P/D 2000 series or is it possible to attach other disk shelves in general?

Any helpful input is appreciated!

Edit: added item no.

Last edited:

Sogndal94

Senior IT Operations Engineer
Nov 7, 2016
Norway
I have never tried, but as m6720 and p2000 seem to use regular SAS datacabling as far as i can see. I guess it should work to add that diskshelf.

Tvinn

Sep 29, 2021
I have never tried, but as m6720 and p2000 seem to use regular SAS datacabling as far as i can see. I guess it should work to add that diskshelf.
Yes they both do, my main concern is that the Storageworks series would artificially restrict the use in some way. I guess there´s only one way to find out... :)