HP Elite Mini 800 G9 With Alder Lake Launched

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Anyone else thinks manufacturers of 1LPCs should offer dual RJ45 10gbE or dual SFP+ or even QSFP+ options in pcie, with a properly designed bracket of course?

Aluminat

Jul 5, 2019
Anyone else thinks manufacturers of 1LPCs should offer dual RJ45 10gbE or dual SFP+ or even QSFP+ options in pcie, with a properly designed bracket of course?
Guess not. Remember: these class design for business enviroment. Not for us

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Well, my business runs these babies with fiber networking lol. But it is true it's more of personal initiative rather than customer's. At the end of the day it does it's job and does it well, everyone's happy. We should have this option. At least 10gbe isn't much to ask...

DiHydro

Oct 5, 2020
Yes, we would love dual 10gbE and Quad display outputs at my work. We use them for industrial monitoring stations in a control room.

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
I’ve seen some custom 3D printed brackets for Lenovo units on Reddit. Having 10 GbE to take full advantage of the NVMe drives would be so great.

AFAIK these HP units use a custom form factor PCIe card for the GPU. I could be wrong though. The Lenovo units use standard HHHL PCIe cards with the custom bracket though. As far as the bracket being integral to the structural integrity of the unit, I think that depends if the unit would experience unnecessary force or flex during operation.

My bigger worry is if the unit can handle the increased heat output. The CPU alone in 10th and 11th gen higher core count units is pushing it a bit thermally to begin with.