HP 544QSFP MCX354A-FCBT with Mellanox firmware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Just wanted to ask if the eBay user/seller < bitsquad > is here in the forum or does anyone know him?

I ordered cards HP 544QSFP MCX354A-FCBT with Mellanox firmware from him around mid of March 2020 and they still did not arrive here in Malta. I'm trying/tried to contact him recently but without success. I know he has some 'issues' and I'm worry about to not get in contact with him. Ebay can't help as buyer protection doesn't apply as he's in US and I'm in Malta. I hope, if he's a member here in the forum, he can contact me via eBay and/or here via PM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with him. Not saying anything negative about him or any conversation. Don't get me wrong please.

I'm just trying to reach out in an attempt to not to have to add this purchase to the other 'Items lost in space' purchases and losing money.

Thanks for your attention and good night

Regards

Mike

XeonSam

Aug 23, 2018
Due to Corona, this is happening quite a bit.

I have roughly 5 of these HP 544QSFP MCX354A-FCBT please 7 which are non-HP (Mellanox).
I've been trying to set up 40GbE for a week now with no avail. Tell me if you need to purchase one for cheap; also please tell me if you get it to work.

We bought spares as IB is a new domain for us. We are considering using 10GbE instead as these VPI NICs only seem to run in 10GbE on the SAN end where 10 or 40 is supported on VMware. Also, the driver doesn't allow the choice of RDMA/IB and defaults ONLY to 10GbE.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Thanks for the offer. It's very generous. But I decided not to buy outside eBay (if from protected seller) or Amazon anymore. I have still a 4 figure number open from not arriving packages (bought here or eBay) and it's a little bit to much.

Btw, he raised prices now by 30+%. If I'm not mistaken I bought two for 69US$.