How to upgrade Intel RES3TV360 when you only have LSI HBA's?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rthorntn

Apr 28, 2011
Hi,

I see a post about using storcli which seems to be a LSI util but the Intel doc seems to suggest using only Intel RAID Controller (IT/IR or MR)?

What gives, can I safely upgrade a RES3TV360 with an LSI HBA, if so, are there any instructions out there, googling didn't uncover the answer?

Thanks
Richard

uldise

Jul 2, 2020
sorry for curious question, but a purpose for upgrade? i'm asking cos i just got one myself brand new..

EniGmA

Mar 5, 2018
sorry for curious question, but a purpose for upgrade? i'm asking cos i just got one myself brand new..
I am just learning about expanders myself, but I always see people saying when you get one you should upgrade to the latest firmware. My guess would be that since the hardware isnt in service yet, you dont risk destroying your drive array or anything yet and firmware often has bug fixes so you probably want to make sure new hardware has the least bugs possible when you put it in service.

But whether it is absolutely required? IDK. I just bought one myself and will be using it with an LSI HBA too, so given that I am new to them and the update process seems a bit more complex when not using all Intel hardware I will probably not end up updating the RES3TV360 in my own system unless I actually find some problem with it.

UhClem

just another Bozo on the bus
Jun 26, 2012
NH, USA
Regarding firmware update need ? ... The Readme.txt file that is part of that download outlines the entire update-history. A review, starting at your current FW level might indicate whether an update will be "worthwhile". just a thought ...