How to unbrick a 9280-16i4e?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Sniper_X

Mar 11, 2021
I have a firmware checksum - needs reflashing error at boot.

I have seen unbricking walkthroughs for other cards, just haven't found one for the 9280-16i4e.

Can someone asist with a pointer to a good step-by-step unbrick process?

Sniper_X

Mar 11, 2021
I'm now on day two of trying to get this 9280-16i4e card back to operation.
I have another that is fine, so I would be happy to extract the flash contents and write them to the problematic card.

It seems that every time I find a utility (DOS or EFI), the utility doesn't work, or it doesn't see the card.

I have other good, working cards (like a 9260-8i) that I have from upgrading to the 9280-16i4e card.
SAS2FLASH.EFI and sas2flsh.exe both also say "No adapter found".

I have used MEGAREC in DOS and it sees the card, but throws a "Warning! IO Base address high. Currently not supported."

I'm in a real bind here and would LOVE some help from those that know the "alchemy" required to get this sorted.

Any of you out there?

Sniper_X

Mar 11, 2021
Wiping the and completely reflashing the card with Megarec in DOS (completely wiping it) brought it back to its factory IR (raid) state.
I also found out what bricked it - but that will go into the thread I started regarding the original issue.

>>THREAD HERE<<