How to Enable IOMMU on Gigabyte MZ31-AR0

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bytales

Jan 31, 2018
I want to make me two independent computer from my 32 core cpu computer. However one must have IOMMU enable to be able to pass the pci express devices, the gpu, to each instance. After managing to boot Unraid, i can see IOMMU is diabled. I have seen no setting in bios, according to other motherboards, supermicro, it should be as a setting in Northbridge, but it isnt there.

Anyone else managed to enable IOMMU on this motherboard, or do i need to contact Gigabyte for this? to ask for a bios version which has the option to enable it. I cant believe a server grade cpu in a server grade motherboard, doesnt have the option to enable IOMMU.

Bytales

Jan 31, 2018
Ill check it out, will post here to confirm if it worked or not.

You gotta recognize, ist not the most straightforward BIOS there is, there was no Setting that said IOMMU Enable/Disable. Ill try once ill be home again, and see what that yields me.

Many thanks for the answer, much appreciated, i stayed there all day tinkering about it, and didnt managed to find anything.

Bytales

Jan 31, 2018
That didnt work. The first settings at page 12 are settings for the built in network cards, and the setting at page 40 was allread enabled in bios. Unraid still show IOMMU disabled.

So it didnt work.

Bytales

Jan 31, 2018
I have found it. It was a Setting within a Setting within a Setting. Very hidden. But it was exactly that, Enabling IOMMU. I have taken every menu inside the Bios manually by Hand, which i had done before, and had the Feeling ive been there, but obviously i missed it.

For those that want to know here is where it is:
AMD CBS Menu >> NBIO Common Options >> NB Configuration >> IOMMU

The bad Thing about it, it is not state in the Manual that IOMMU is under the NB Configuration.

This doesnt make it any easier that there is also a Chipset Setup Menu whith has a North Bridge selection, where one would probably expect to find IOMMU, but you wont, and you will be left with the Feeling that the BIOS doesnt have it.

I must say, its a very bad thought out BIOS. No proper work was done to put the selections in their proper places. Compared to a bling bling Bios of a Gaming Motherboard, this still Looks like it came from the 80s.

But in the end im glad i found it, and now other users can enable IOMMU as well with this Motherboard.

Reactions: tt2468 and Tha_14

tt2468

Jan 15, 2018
I LOVE YOU GUYS

Was searching all night until I found this. Just wanted to say thank you and update that there's a new path for enabling IO-SRV:

Its under Advanced --> PCI Subsystem Settings --> "SR-IOV Support" (default is disabled as of fw A10)