How to enable DASH on Lenovo ThinkCentre M75q Gen 2?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mh166

Nov 15, 2021
Hi guys,

I just bought a new Lenovo ThinkCentre M75q Gen 2 to be used as my new home server. Now, as it comes with an Ryzen Pro CPU, it should be possible to use AMD's DASH to control it remotely (like IPMI for Intel, I guess).

So I went into the BIOS, of course, and enabled DASH. According to Google, this should make a web page available under http://<IP-address>:623/ – which it doesn't. When trying to discover this PC via the AMD Management Console, I get the info that this PC is not DASH capable. On some screenshots on the interwebs, there was another menu in the BIOS called "Realtek RealManage" which apparently can be used to configure the IP and credentials for DASH. This is available nowhere in my BIOS, though.

I even tried resetting BIOS to default settings and enable DASH again, but to no avail. While googling, I also came across this DASH guide from Lenovo – but I couldn't get it to work, still. The commands at step 2.3 f) failed so I couldn't continue at that point. I believe the error message mentioned, that it couldn't connect or something like this...

At the moment, I have Proxmox running on that server, instead of Windows (that's why I can't state the exact error message). But this problem does bug me more than I thought it would. ;) So I'm reaching out to you guys now for help.

If need be, I can also restore the Win10 installation that came with the system. Thanks to clonezilla, this is not really complicated and Proxmox is not in productive use just yet.

Hopefully someone can help me with this. :)

Regards, mh166

KinChungE

May 8, 2021
I have the M75q Gen 2 and also have exactly the same issue.

Normally, you are supposed to do the following to config DASH:
1. Enable DASH Support in Bios
2. Enable CSM Support
3. Setup boot mode to Legacy (not UEFI)
4. Restart the Machine, after the bios logo, you should be prompted for "Shift + F10 for Dash configuration"

But for this machine (M75q Gen 2), CSM support is removed so there is no way to configure DASH.

However, I can partially get it working as follow:
1. Install Realtek Dash Ethernet Driver + Realtek Dash Client Tool ( from M75q Gen 2 - how to install DASH?-English Community )
2. Turn OFF the system, unplug the power cable and plug back in, keep the system OFF and access "http://192.168.0.10:632" using another PC (Yes, it is set to static IP by default) ( from ThinkCenter M75q claims IP 192.168.0.10-English Community )
3. Keep the system off, use "AMC Management Console" (from AMD) to discover 192.168.0.10
4. Turn the system back on, it should be accessible via the DHCP IP address

Note 1: You may have to disable and re-enable the "Dash support" in bios, and power cycle (unplug power cable, not just power off) every time to make the setting take effect
Note 2: Even if DASH is enabled, the web interface is completely useless (as below)
Screenshot 2021-12-24 at 10.13.19 PM.png