How to determine Ebay seller's location.

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by Boddy, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Boddy

Boddy Active Member

Not a deal as such, but I hope it helps other avid STH EBay shoppers.

Where goods are listed as 'located' in your country (may be false) if you look under seller's details you may find that seller is located in another country (e.g. China).

Samir likes this.
  2. Samir

Samir Active Member

I can't believe there's a little loophole like this that scummy sellers can take advantage of. Especially when legitimate sellers are having to deal with 'customer is always right' types of mandates from ebay (from what I've read online).

3. Joel

Joel Active Member

Even if the SELLER is located in the USA that doesn't stop them from dropshipping goods from China or elsewhere...

4. kapone

kapone Active Member

An ebay ID can have multiple addresses. That's how a lot of the overseas folks use re-shippers. When you list stuff, you decide where it's located. That said, if a seller says "US" as the location and has 14-28 days shipping time...I roll my eyes and move on.

wildpig1234, DaddyGrant and Joel like this.
  5. BlueFox

BlueFox Active Member

Buyers on eBay do the same thing. I've had individuals with US addresses, but PayPal from Austria, Kazakhstan, and the Ukraine purchase things from me in the past month.

eBay lets sellers select the item's location since a lot of larger businesses have multiple locations and therefore can specify where the item is being shipped from. I've done the same when I listed things for family members in other states.