How to determine Ebay seller's location.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Not a deal as such, but I hope it helps other avid STH EBay shoppers.

Where goods are listed as 'located' in your country (may be false) if you look under seller's details you may find that seller is located in another country (e.g. China).

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I can't believe there's a little loophole like this that scummy sellers can take advantage of. Especially when legitimate sellers are having to deal with 'customer is always right' types of mandates from ebay (from what I've read online).

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Even if the SELLER is located in the USA that doesn't stop them from dropshipping goods from China or elsewhere...

kapone

May 23, 2015
An ebay ID can have multiple addresses. That's how a lot of the overseas folks use re-shippers. When you list stuff, you decide where it's located. That said, if a seller says "US" as the location and has 14-28 days shipping time...I roll my eyes and move on.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Buyers on eBay do the same thing. I've had individuals with US addresses, but PayPal from Austria, Kazakhstan, and the Ukraine purchase things from me in the past month.

eBay lets sellers select the item's location since a lot of larger businesses have multiple locations and therefore can specify where the item is being shipped from. I've done the same when I listed things for family members in other states.