How to connect SAS Segate Constellation ES.3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

greattoys

Jul 19, 2020
Hi good day, new user here (but have been going around Great Deals section for 2020)

Need help on how to connect SAS Contellation ES.3 to my LSI 9212-4i LSI SAS controller.

I removed the HDD caddy and plug the hard drive to the SAS controller using the blue SAS Cable but couldn't detect or use the hard drive.

Any help please? thanks ^_^

Attachments

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
Either your drive is dead or it's formatted with 520 bytes per sector and your controller has IR firmware. Once you switch the controller to IT mode you'll be able to reformat the drive to a standard 512 bytes mode and make it visible to OS

greattoys

Jul 19, 2020
Either your drive is dead or it's formatted with 520 bytes per sector and your controller has IR firmware. Once you switch the controller to IT mode you'll be able to reformat the drive to a standard 512 bytes mode and make it visible to OS
got it, thanks! i know my controller is IT mode already but let me double check

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
That makes your chances slimmer. Does the drive spin up during startup initialization? If drive spins up, but the controller in IT mode doesn't detect it, try hot-plugging the drive after OS boot , this controller will spin it up just a second after connection and drive will become detectable by os, use smartmontools or seachest to find out more about the current state of this drive.