How to activate WD bonus 200 GB OneDrive cloud storage

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
If there is any STHers like me who have left it to the last day: 30th June 2017 to activate their bonus 200 GB OneDrive that came with specially marked Seagate portable HDD that was listed here some time ago.

If you are having probs and only get a standard 15 GB OneDrive account, there is not much stuff online how to fix.

I was able to get an upgrade to a 200 GB OneDrive account by having my Seagate drive attached and visiting the webpage: Microsoft Seagate GB promotion

You must follow the four steps to the letter, which includes: registering or using an existing account; downloading the App; (selecting auto sync) copying a file to the root of your OneDrive, and: creating a word document on your OneDrive online and saving the document there. After all the steps are completed, you will see an increase to 200 GB, though you may need to re log into your account. I hope this helps someone.
Cheers :)

aij

May 7, 2017
Does each additional drive give you an additional 200GB?

I noticed the only difference between the 3 drives I got is the Serial.xml file. I'm not going to use OneDrive, so if they're useful to anyone, I can send you those files. (There's no harm in sharing serial numbers, is there? At least for legitimately acquired drives?)

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
@aij Registration closes 30th June 2017. I think only 200GB per user. Not sure if it would work with different email address on registration and deleting the OneDrive App. It only worked for me when I plugged in my Seagate drive. FYI