How quiet is the Inter-Tech IPC 4U-4088-S ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

fabrice1236

Apr 23, 2024
I'm looking to buy a quiet case for an ATX motherboard. As I'm based in Europe, I find the options to be quite limited.. I found this Inter-Tech IPC 4U-4088-S case for about 80 Euros, but I can't seem to find any info on the noise level, and I'm a little concerned.. Does anyone have any experience with the case, or could give me indications for a good quiet case which is available in the EU ? Would a tower be a better fit ? Here is the product info page for reference.

Thanks !

rtech

Jun 2, 2021
Depends many of heat generating components will you have in case.
This one looks rather low-end in terms of airflow if you care about noise put lower power componets inside.

If you want something better get something with full fanwall or tower with same.
Tower and server case designs have reached same design philosophy full fanwall in front just tower tend to have exhausts at top

dreamsin

Oct 31, 2018
Imho large Inter-Tech cases are not really quiet.
Maybe if you add some dampening material.

Chriggel

Mar 30, 2024
It depends on the fans and the amount of airflow you need. The case only comes with one 120mm front fan, the only front fan it supports, and two empty 80mm fan positions on the back. That's it. Overall, the design is ancient. It's just a very old tower laying on its side.

If you want a rackmounted 4U case, I'd recommend getting a more modern layout. If the budget is too small for that, get a modern tower case that's not taller than 482.6 mm (19 inches) and not wider than 177,8mm (4U = 7 inches). The choices will be very limited though. If you flip it on its side, you basically have the same thing and can put it on a 19" shelf or attach generic rack rails to it. It's not a great idea, but it works. If you put it on a shelf and want it to be precisely 4U, you need to lower the case width accordingly. You'll have much more options if you go for at least 5U.