How does one attach this fan to this bracket? [PICS]

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I purchased one of these fans and brackets (separately) for my SuperChassis 1U case. Yet I see no way to actually attach the fan to this bracket.

Any tips?

Last edited:

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Still unable to find any info/guides/pics on how to attach this fan to the bracket.

Bracket: MCP-320-81302-0B

Fan: FAN-0100L4

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
There are small round nubs that should come with the bracket. Those nubs have plastic pins that affix the round rubber nubs to the onto the bottom four screw points of the fan. Two on each side. You then drop the fan into the bracket and it just sits there held in place by the top of the chassis and gravity.

Once you do it, it will be really easy to do in the future.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
There are small round nubs that should come with the bracket. Those nubs have plastic pins that affix the round rubber nubs to the onto the bottom four screw points of the fan. Two on each side. You then drop the fan into the bracket and it just sits there held in place by the top of the chassis and gravity.

Once you do it, it will be really easy to do in the future.
Ahh, the bracket I received did not come with any mounting hardware so that's a bummer. I'll have to see if the shipper can resent. Thanks @Patrick.

trumee

Jan 31, 2016
The chassis CSE-505-203B also talks about 'Dual fans'. There is no dual fan cage, however a fan cage side can be taken off (it has plastic clips) and two of these can be clipped together to form a dual cage.

Details of the fan:

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
The chassis CSE-505-203B also talks about 'Dual fans'. There is no dual fan cage, however a fan cage side can be taken off (it has plastic clips) and two of these can be clipped together to form a dual cage.

Details of the fan:

Wow, thanks so much for this diagram this is EXACTLY what I have been searching for. The CSE-505-203B is the case I have too and I've been considering getting a second fan/bracket as that should reduce the overall noise of the cooling since they should run at lower speeds then just a single fan.

trumee

Jan 31, 2016
The chassis doesn't have much space to hide the ATX cable. This is how my machine looks. How about yours?

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
The chassis doesn't have much space to hide the ATX cable. This is how my machine looks. How about yours?

Thanks for the pics of your system, helps with the visualization of the where the fans will be. How loud would you say your chassis is with those 3 fans in there?

I have my ATX cable hidden situated between the front of the chassis and the PSU itself so in the front left corner. I'll take pics when I install the new fans but right now it's running so I can't at this moment.

Rhinox

May 27, 2013
I mounted those rubber-parts with pins to fan, but... how is the fan's movement restrained in vertical direction? I can freerly pull it up from bracket. Is it supposed to be that way? Very strange...

fractal

Jun 7, 2016
Yes, you can just lift them out. The rubber feet do offer a little friction to slow you down but there is nothing stopping you from lifting them out.

The cover of the case, on the other hand, stops them from falling out and rattling around in the case even when roughly handled.

Rhinox

May 27, 2013
I fixed it with tape and put some foam between fan-case and bracket, because this "assembly" was rattling. This is by far the worst fan-mounting system I have ever seen. And delivering bracket and fan without instructions is another joke from SuperMicro...

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Just to put it in perspective, I ordered 2 fans and one of the came without the rubber feet and plastic pins they go on. I just dropped the fan into the slot and you can't tell at all that the feet are missing, even with the lid off. I recently ran Mentest86 on this system with the lid off. All fans ramped to max rpm and still you could not tell the rubber feet were missing from the one fan. No noise, no vibration and looking at the fan, no extra movement at all. I think the bracket hold the fan snugly enough and it's balanced enough not to require the rubber feet. At least that's the case with this particular fan.