How do I start small?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Lumpy

Jan 25, 2018
My heater is going to be running almost constantly for the next three months no matter what, so my idea was to use the spare machines as space heaters if they can pay for themselves in electic costs while cutting down the heating bill and anything more would just be a bonus.

As far as spare parts I've got a r610, i3-4130 machine, e5-1620v2 machine, and a nvidia 750 ti

I could also probably dedicate one cpu each from two servers - 1 e5-2660, 1 e5-2448l v2

Is there something better to earn more than nicehash to run for mining?

Should I get into any specific coin or pool?

I don't want to add any more current hardware or spend anything on new equipment until after I have an idea of what I am doing.

I'm a bit lost on the best way to start. Any hints would be awesome.

Reactions: Marsh

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Right now the profitability is circling the toilet bowl for all mining activities, so that skews the numbers.

The only things you have that may beat the power cost are the two servers, and even then not by much.

But since you want the heat, you could run the gear anyway and get what you can.

Nicehash is probably the best gateway drug out there. Just be aware of the switching issue if you run the GUI software:

This is a problem. (market manipulation, "bait offers") • r/NiceHash

Reactions: Lumpy