How do I flash the MAC address on a Mellanox MNPA19-XTR (connectX-2) ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by spyrule, Nov 20, 2015.

1. spyrule

spyrule Active Member

Hey guys,

I've been trying to figure out how to flash the MAC address on a Mellanox Connect-X 2 MNPA19-XTR (ethernet) card. However, I cannot seem to find a tool to do this with.

Does anybody know how to do this?

2. spyrule

spyrule Active Member

nvm.... Install MFT tools, and use FLINT... :rolleyes:

3. spyrule

spyrule Active Member

Ok, so this is annoying. I have an HP branded version, but I don't have access to the HP tools for this card. So it wont let me flash this device. Lovely.
    If anybody can help, that would be awesome!

4. spyrule

spyrule Active Member

So in case anybody else see's this, If you have an HP branded MNPA19-XTR, you CAN flash the card using Mellanox Generic firmware.

It happen to be that my ROM version was set to 3.3.500 & FW version was 2.9.1000 , and yet the newest version from Mellanox was 3.3.400 and 2.9.1200 (so newer FW, but "older" ROM).

I decided to take a chance and flash BOTH to the 3.3.400/2.9.1200 from the single newest firmware file using the --ALLOW_PSID_CHANGE option. It seem that the card is working perfectly, no errors, and it actually seems quite a bit smoother on network response (which is always a bonus).

Of course, disclaimer always stands. Try this at your own risk. Dont blame me if your card doesn't like it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    Pete L. likes this.