Hot Plug Caddy modifications

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BestGear

Aug 25, 2014
Hi Guys

I use a Logic Case 20 bay hot plug and also a second case that is nearly identical - but manufacturer not identified.

The caddies are the same on both cases.

Question is - I bought a Chenbro RM41416 chassis and notice that the caddies, while very similar, are different (which is a shame!) but the most noticeable difference is in the front vents.

The Chenbro caddies have open ventilation slots at the front on the handle, whereas the others have slots but are sort of shielded - reducing the air intake area.

Also - the metal grill behind the plastic fascia is well perforated in the Chenbro and not, by comparison, in the other trays.

Question is - do you think it would be worth opening up the slots - in terms of removing the "baffles" in the caddies to ease airflow? I dont have a particular temperature issue, but clearly aiding airflow would save temps and fan wall noise as its sucking through the drives.

I tried to attach images but it would not let me.

Many thanks

David