HighPoint RR2328 RAID 5 Recovery Help

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

shibbywowdude

Jun 13, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Not extremely experienced with RAID, especially recoveries, but hoping someone might be able to help. This is what happened. This morning I had a drive failure (1-6). I pulled the drive put in a new one I had sitting there and turn everything back on and clicked rebuild and a different drive failed (1-2) during the rebuild.

This really messed things up. Now if I put the original drive (1-6) back in which I do not think is actually bad now it creates a new array since the raid ran without it in for a bit. I cannot rebuild using a new drive because the rebuild fails shortly after starting it because 1-2 keeps failing. If I could get the original drive (1-6) back into the array I think I could pull that truly bad drive out and rebuild the array. The raid did not have any large changes in data when it was running without 1-6 in, but just do not know how to force it to go back into the array. Thoughts and advice?

Right now I can get the array to show up in windows so I have an 8TB drive coming to backup everything to, but still would rather save the array completely if possible.