Help with Supermicro X9dai

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Norasrage1

Apr 22, 2020
I would like to flash my bios so I can use an Intel Optane drive. if anyone has the links that would be awesome, I will also gladly pay/appreciate someone quickly walking me through the process. I am an IT professional, I have had this server for 6 years and am now just breaking it back out to use it, I just don't have the time to dive into the added features.

Norasrage1

Apr 22, 2020
I will throw it out there

I have a SuperMicro Tower currently running E5-2620 v2's 64 gigs of ram and I had 3 Samsung 840 Pro's in a raid. 2 of the drives are bad and I have not had the need to use the server until now. I want to bring it back to life. I would like some decent performing drives, but would I see a bottleneck elsewhere if I go with the Optane drive.

111alan

Mar 11, 2019
Haerbing Institution of Technology
Using Optane on older platform will certainly cause performance loss, especially on latency department. Try to profile your workload with something like windows performance recorder to see if it worth it. Optane is better than normal nvme drives only if it comes to low qd bw or high qd steady-state latency.