Help with LSI 9201-16e board error

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by xilex, Sep 1, 2019.

1. xilex

xilex New Member

Hi, I bought a LSI 9201-16e board to attach to an external DAS for storage. My operating system/boot drive is attached to the motherboard of the computer, and the DAS is for storage. I keep getting "MPT Boot Rom No supported devices found" error. I tried to set the Boot Option in configuration of LSI card to all the various options (Disable, OS Only, etc) but still same error. I have set boot options on the motherboard to boot only HDD, then only to boot USB but it still gives that error. I have tried to attach my boot drive to one of the LSI card ports, too, but if I recall correctly it ended with the same error.

Some information from the boot-up screens is it's running MTP2BIOS 2014.03.19, product identifier is SAS2116-IT, product revision is 19.00.00.00. I heard I should update the firmware to P20 but I can't even boot past the error message to do that. The motherboard I am using is old, DFI LanParty P965, I think I may need something newer, since I have no other hardware to do that with. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

2. nezach

nezach Active Member

Try removing BIOS from LSI adapter using sas2flash command. I think command you need is:

Code:
    sas2flash -o -e -5

3. xilex

xilex New Member

I understand, the problem is I can't boot into a USB drive or my boot drive to run the utility because it reaches that error/information message about the boot ROM in all situations.

4. nezach

nezach Active Member

If I understood you correctly you are booting using your motherboard and not the LSI controller. BIOS on the LSI controller let's you boot from a drive attached to the controller, but if you are not planning on doing that you can just remove the BIOS, it is an optional component. Removing the BIOS will not remove the firmware.