Help with daisy chaining to a Kinan KVM

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rmzg

Feb 8, 2017
First off, can anyone tell me if this is actually a Kinan KVM? There's not exactly a lot of identifying marks but there's a serial on the back that starts with XL1908H and google takes me to Single Rail 19” 8 Port USB VGA LCD KVM Console which similar but not identical looking, with slight variations on the ports on the back and mine obviously lacks the giant red KINAN logo.

Anyways, assuming it *is* actually the Kinan XL1908 from the link, does anyone have suggestions as to how I can best expand it to another 8 or so machines? The Kinan page links to a couple of different XU** switches but searching for them finds only a couple of hits on chinese sites trying to sell them for $600+ which doesn't sound like a great deal. Are these things resold under another name or are there any other units that are compatible with them?

I wouldn't completely object to switching to a new kvm monitor unit but they seem to sell for like $1500+ new so that's not a great deal either. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments