Help Please - Flashing RS2WC080 to IT FW

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Edit - succesfully flashed to LSI IT P20

I am having issue flashing a brand new RS2WC080 to IT
Using Dos in an older machine.
Megarec can see the card but sas2flsh can't anymore

megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin (ok)
megarec -cleanflash 0 (ok)
reboot
sas2flsh(p07) -o -f 6gbpsas.fw (failed with Mfg Page2 mismatch)
reboot and tried again
but sas2flsh cant see the card but megarec can still see it

So I put the intel.sbr from backup
flashed with megarec -m0flash to latest Intel rom. The process was successful but the system just hangs at boot up.

I'll try my luck in UEFI system

Any help would be really appreciated.

cheers,
NT

Last edited:

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Sometimes DOS mode doesn't work depending on your mainboard, so you might need to boot an EFI shell. If you can, get your card installed in a windows machine and update your card first to the latest Intel drivers using the raid web console 2. Then try flashing again from DOS like this:

megarec -writesbr 0 empty.bin
megarec -cleanflash 0
sas2flsh -o -e 6
sas2flsh -o -f 2118it.bin -b mptsas2.rom (leave out the "-b mptsas2.rom" if you don't want the boot bios loading)
sas2flsh -o -sasadd 500605b********* (the * is your card's sas address and can be found on the back label on the card itself)
reboot

or if you have to use the EFI shell:

fso:
cd folder (the folder on your pen drive where the files are)
megarec -cleanflash 0
sas2flash.efi -o -e 6
sas2flash.efi -o -f 2118it.bin -b mptsas2.rom (again leave off the -b mptsas2.rom if you don't want the boot bios loading)
sas2flsh -o -sasadd 500605b********* (the * is your card's sas address and can be found on the back label on the card itself)
Reboot

I should add here that this would be for cross flashing to an LSI firmware :)

Last edited:

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Sometimes DOS mode doesn't work depending on your mainboard, so you might need to boot an EFI shell. If you can, get your card installed in a windows machine and update your card first to the latest Intel drivers using the raid web console 2. Then try flashing again from DOS like this:

megarec -cleanflash 0
sas2flsh -o -e 6
sas2flsh -o -f 2118it.bin -b mptsas2.rom (leave out the "-b mptsas2.rom" if you don't want the boot bios loading)
reboot

or if you have to use the EFI shell:

fso:
cd folder (the folder on your pen drive where the files are)
megarec -cleanflash 0
sas2flash.efi -o -e 6
sas2flash.efi -o -f 2118it.bin -b mptsas2.rom (again leave off the -b mptsas2.rom if you don't want the boot bios loading)
Reboot

I should add here that this would be for cross flashing to an LSI firmware :)
Phew! Thought I had to RMA the card.

After sas2flsh(07 or 05) failed, I flashed latest Intel ROM using
megarec -m0flash

The older Dos system, after reboot, sat for an unusually long time. I moved the card to Intel efi system and it booted up was able to Ctrl+G to enter the BIOS and selected factory defaults.

I then tried p15 sas2flash.Efi to first put IR and then IT and add SAS address. The whole process took few hours instead of normal few minutes.
I now have a 20.00.07. I'll do some tests and post any findings with the revised P20 FW

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk