Help me to identify this mystery LGA3647 FOXXCON board.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bartosz Grzelak

Feb 26, 2018
Hi STH community .

I've got my hands on this intriguing motherboard on second-hand market app.
it looks so bespoke that it must have belong to one of the big hyperscalers but who knows.
It has only one usb port, vga, managment lan port, power button, nmi button and two status leds at the back.

On the board we got this pcie square looking connectors, very thin looking (Also Pcie? ) riser connectorsr and j45 connector marked MDIO Any ideas of what they are?
We also have ats2500 bmc controller, two sata ports, 12 5pin fan ports, pmbus 6x2 pin and 4 BMC UART ports.

Poking with my multimeter I've managed to get the voltages on the power input.
This motherboard has only 12v supply rail with one 8v input.
I've managed to power it on with my old psu from proliant server. I don't have any LGA3647 cpus around so I just wanted to see if I can at least connect to ipmi.
I can ping the management interface as it gets ip from dhcp server but thats about it, no web interface.

Anyway, I am yet to get my cpus and ram but I am bit worried that this motherboard I might not even post. Its also 450mm wide which is much wider than all of my rack equipment who sells rack cases that wide?

If you can please share any ideas what I can do with this board.

Many thanks !

Attachments