Help finishing network migration

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

safrax

Jun 21, 2020
I apologize if I end up butchering terminology or not making much sense. I'm not a networking guy, it's a lot of dark magic to me. I'm more of a Linux/Security person.

I've been attempting to migrate my network from an old flat layout to using VLANs. My current problem that has me stumped is I'm on the last piece of migration. I have an ICX-7250 serving as the core router. It's currently set up with 3 VLANs, DATA, SERVERS, and IOT using IP blocks in the 10.x range. My old network is on 192.16 8.1.x. The last segment I need to migrate to the 10.x network contains my desktop, a mac mini, and a work laptop. These devices are connected to a Brocade ICX-7150 with the router firmware running on it. The ICX-7150 is connected to the ICX-7250 via a 10G uplink over ethernet. I've tried switching the ICX-7150 to the switch firmware but for reasons I don't understand the 10G uplink to the ICX-7250 gets shutdown and I can't figure out why. It only works when the ICX-7150 is on the router firmware. I've tried adding the VLAN to the ICX-7150 and tagging the port for the mac mini but that just results in the mac mini getting isolated. I'm not sure what else to do. I'd appreciate any help I could get.