[HELP] colocation setup help needed

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

uberguru

Jun 7, 2013
You probably need a management ip to vpn into and protecting yourself? you would not get very far in a real datacenter without O&E insurance in the millions should your machine decide to get hacked and cause harm/damage to other residents of the colo.

Good practice to run some sort of security appliance software or hardware to keep the nasties away and protect yourself from others and others from yourself ;)
What in hell!
You scared me for a second with that (in bold)..lol
I need an insurance to cause arm to other tenants?!?

uberguru

Jun 7, 2013
I've honestly never seen people mount a firewall for every other server they co-locate. Also, your ISP is only worried about blocking at the edge of their network. If you're causing trouble they'll just pull the plug and tell you to come pick your chit up.
Really? come pick my stuff up because of what?
I mean to be sincere with you...i have never experienced any attack or DDoS of any sort so i can say i have no experience concerning that other than the theory of what it means and bringing down a website. So i mean if someone can explain to me what exactly the type of site that attract DDoS and/or what at least to me if one is experiencing DDoS..why not turn the server off and turn of the switch of the server or something and when things die down turn them back on? I mean i don't know why people shout too much about stopping these attacks and they find out they can't after several hours of wasted time....so is turning things off not a solution?