hello ^^, I need help. can you help me?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sick1655

Mar 16, 2021
hi, ım sending message from istanbul, first all of ım sorry because of ı cant speak very well english.

you can see my problem in these pictures.

IBM X3550

Sun Oracle X4-2L

Screenshot_7 - Hızlı Resim
There are hard disks I bought from the ıbm stroge unit. I need to fix the format of these discs. I have to make these disks work on servers. but I can't access discs in any way. or there is a firewall. I think HDD is made secure HDD. can you help me? you can send a message on whatsapp +90 538 631 55 72

Last edited:

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I seriously can't tell if this poster is asking for help or trying to advertise/lure people to other websites...

sick1655

Mar 16, 2021
I seriously can't tell if this poster is asking for help or trying to advertise/lure people to other websites...
I have no plans to redirect people to another site, my goal is just to solve the problem. Turks don't have enough information so ı just need help

stamasd

May 30, 2020
Maybe they are encrypted, maybe not. There are many reasons why the webbios doesn't like them.
Here's the datasheet for your drives BTW: https://documents.westerndigital.co...roduct-manual-ultrastar-c10k1800-oem-spec.pdf

If you have a HBA in IT mode, i.e. one that can present the SAS drives as raw devices to the OS, you could attach the drives to that, boot Linux and then see if you can access the drives (does lsblk list them?) and if not scroll through the boot messages with dmesg and see what messages you get about the drives.

sick1655

Mar 16, 2021
Maybe they are encrypted, maybe not. There are many reasons why the webbios doesn't like them.
Here's the datasheet for your drives BTW: https://documents.westerndigital.co...roduct-manual-ultrastar-c10k1800-oem-spec.pdf

If you have a HBA in IT mode, i.e. one that can present the SAS drives as raw devices to the OS, you could attach the drives to that, boot Linux and then see if you can access the drives (does lsblk list them?) and if not scroll through the boot messages with dmesg and see what messages you get about the drives.
Thank you for the information, I can see hdd with this command "Lsblk", When using these commands "SG_format and sg_utilize", I can't format.
Very likely hdds are encrypted.

sick1655

Mar 16, 2021
What is the model of LSI sas RAID controller in IBM server? Most likely you can unlock the drives using controller capabilities only
hi, IBM Server: RAID M5110. Couldn't find about LSI. When I run the IBM server, I can enter the raid menu with ctrl + h keys. When I click the Start button to raid it freezes and I cannot interfere in any way. I have to turn IBM Server off and on.

Sun oracle Server: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9261-81. When I run the Sun oracle server, I can enter the raid menu with ctrl + h keys. I can see the discs in the menu but it says (unsupported).

i am following these steps.
When it comes to step 7, I have to stop because it doesn't see my discs.
I'm waiting for your help, thank you..

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
RAID M5110. Couldn't find about LSI. When I run the IBM server, I can enter the raid menu with ctrl + h keys. When I click the Start button to raid it freezes and I cannot interfere in any way
If your M5110 has cache installed, it supports MegaRAID SafeStore and you can unlock those drives. But you may need to update controller firmware first off, because this freeze you mentioned is not what usually has to happen.
LSI MegaRAID SAS 9261-81
Look into the "Advanced software options" menu and find out if the SafeStore option is enabled

sick1655

Mar 16, 2021
Look into the "Advanced software options" menu and find out if the SafeStore option is enabled
ı looked "Advanced software options"
these options are available
Could the activation key have any significance?
WhatsApp Image 2021-03-16 at 23.38.23.jpeg

sick1655

Mar 16, 2021
ı looked "Advanced software options"
these options are available
Could the activation key have any significance?
View attachment 17947
ı read this message: the key should only be used on non-production systems. Once enabled, even if the CacheCade volume is deleted and not used, after 30 days the data volume will be inaccessible unless the trial key is reentered (for 30 more days of eval) or CacheCade Pro 2.0 is purchased and a permanent key is entered.
Maybe that's why I can't get access at all. I had to get those discs in 30 days and I got them 3 years later. If I can get back the bios clock can I solve my problem Or if I can enter a key can I solve my problem?