Have I bricked my Quanta LB4M?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

BlackHawk5234

Dec 10, 2014
Hello all,

long time lurker first time poster. So, straight to the point, I have absolutely no experience using a managed switch, but wanted to learn about it. So I bought this Quanta LB4M switch for pretty cheap (140€ with shipping) but was not able to get it up and running because I was lacking a serial console cable and all the ports were deactivated by default.
So after getting the required cable and finally getting it to configure a management ip for the web interface, I was told (via cli) that i needed to reboot the switch for the changes to take effect. I did as I was told, and after coming back up im stuck in the boot menu, saying that the crc-checksum for both the first and the backup image are corrupt and I should supply another image via xmodem. So here is my actual dilemma:
I have no idea where to get another image, google didn't turn up anything useful either, and even if it did, i have no idea how to supply the image via the xmodem command and get it going again.
So, you guys are my last hope :)

Here is the output from the serial console I'm getting at startup

switch.png

Sorry for the lengthy post, if you need any more information please let me know.

PS: Sorry if my english isn't the best, i'm from germany, so not a native speaker ;)

Best regards

Last edited: