Hash Rates

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
How to I figure the hash of my GPU's

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING, 04G-P4-6251-KR, 4GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
What are you going to mine?
It makes a different using AMD or Nvidia card.

Spend some time on Reddit .
Reddit have many sub-reddit dealing with the popular crypto coin
example
Welcome to the world of Monero mining! • r/MoneroMining
Ethereum I'm reading up on the different cards and different hash rates. I guess I'm asking myself should I spend a large sum up front on the gfx cards and risk then coming out with newer versions and having to continuously buy newer cards or I could just be over thinking the whole process. Till this day I've never heard of reddit but I'm going to take a look at it now.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I may disagree with "The Vega typically mines eth," , my opinion is Nvidia card do better with ETH

Here is a example: ATI vs Nvidia card for mining from hardforum

1080TI can mine for Cryptotonight too. You just gotta use Nichhash 1.8.

Also - that one day surge in cryptotonight is not a realistic depiction of Vega vs. 1080TI. or 1070.

The Vega typically mines eth, and my experiences were that it crashes often with the other algorithms if you try to let it mine everything.
The NVidia's rarely ever crash. They draw less power, and in general they make more money than the AMD card of equivalent price. The exception being the RX480/580 vs. the 1060. (RX480/580 is a far better value for mining)

I've mined with RX470, RX580, and Vega, Fury X, and 1080ti and 1060.

The best so far for me as ROI has been RX580. (I run about 30 cards total mining)
$280 per card for the RX580, and they make $2 a day consistently with NH, and can be run with reasonable power use - 150 watt or less.
1060's make $1.10 a day consistently and use 80 watts
1080TI's make $3 a day consistently and use 165 watts (but cost $700!!! to buy)
Vega's make a fair bit less than 1080TI, maybe $2.25 typically - but used closer to 200 watts each. I never got my Vegas above about 37MH/s Eth. But dual mining on the 1080Ti was more profitable.

1070's are probably the best. They'd make low $2's a day and use 80 - 100 watts of power and only cost $400 (unfortunately I don't have any because when I bought my primarily bought my rigs the 1070's were overpriced on MSRP.

The 1080TI's have been my most reliable card, and most profitable day to day earnings, but they cost the most to get into as well. (and have the slowest ROI).

Reactions: ELit3

amalurk

Dec 16, 2016
ELit3:So, don't take this the wrong way but.....sounds like you are in over your head. You have threads:
- Asking how to cool 22k watts for a mining rig
-Asking basic questions showing you probably have very little PC building experience
-Not knowing hash rates and crypto knowledge
-Have never heard of reddit until now

Sounds like you have funding but maybe not a lot of practical experience or knowledge around computers and crypto mining? I applaud the risk taking especially if you are young and unattached which the time to do it and hope you are successful. However, you might consider finding a business partner that has more technical/crypto knowledge to increase your chances of success.

Reactions: nfsden

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
ELit3:So, don't take this the wrong way but.....sounds like you are in over your head. You have threads:
- Asking how to cool 22k watts for a mining rig
-Asking basic questions showing you probably have very little PC building experience
-Not knowing hash rates and crypto knowledge
-Have never heard of reddit until now

Sounds like you have funding but maybe not a lot of practical experience or knowledge around computers and crypto mining? I applaud the risk taking especially if you are young and unattached which the time to do it and hope you are successful. However, you might consider finding a business partner that has more technical/crypto knowledge to increase your chances of success.
I'm learning a lot from this forum not to mention all the time in the world to understand the concepts of mining. I'm not the richest person in the world but I have a good amount of cash to swing into this. I intend on getting a partner sooner or later but for now id rather just learn it on my own. Most of the reasons I ask about cooling is I purchased a commercial building and some land and I'm using the building to house some huge mining companies equipment. After a few months of watching these guys make thousands of dollars off my competitive power pricing I offer I just though I might as well start to. I have the power and the space so why not.

Reactions: amalurk and RBE

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Do it now then.

If you have the space/power the potential loss of delaying start is probably much greater than jumping in and making a few mistakes along the way.

My 02 ;) but I do like to jump into things :D :D

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
I may disagree with "The Vega typically mines eth," , my opinion is Nvidia card do better with ETH

Here is a example: ATI vs Nvidia card for mining from hardforum

1080TI can mine for Cryptotonight too. You just gotta use Nichhash 1.8.

Also - that one day surge in cryptotonight is not a realistic depiction of Vega vs. 1080TI. or 1070.

The Vega typically mines eth, and my experiences were that it crashes often with the other algorithms if you try to let it mine everything.
The NVidia's rarely ever crash. They draw less power, and in general they make more money than the AMD card of equivalent price. The exception being the RX480/580 vs. the 1060. (RX480/580 is a far better value for mining)

I've mined with RX470, RX580, and Vega, Fury X, and 1080ti and 1060.

The best so far for me as ROI has been RX580. (I run about 30 cards total mining)
$280 per card for the RX580, and they make $2 a day consistently with NH, and can be run with reasonable power use - 150 watt or less.
1060's make $1.10 a day consistently and use 80 watts
1080TI's make $3 a day consistently and use 165 watts (but cost $700!!! to buy)
Vega's make a fair bit less than 1080TI, maybe $2.25 typically - but used closer to 200 watts each. I never got my Vegas above about 37MH/s Eth. But dual mining on the 1080Ti was more profitable.

1070's are probably the best. They'd make low $2's a day and use 80 - 100 watts of power and only cost $400 (unfortunately I don't have any because when I bought my primarily bought my rigs the 1070's were overpriced on MSRP.

The 1080TI's have been my most reliable card, and most profitable day to day earnings, but they cost the most to get into as well. (and have the slowest ROI).
I have 1080ti's and they never get $3/day...I hunt around and find coins and opportunities where they are doing more like $5-8/day.