Hard Drives Not recognized

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Remy

Dec 17, 2015
MB: Supermicro X11SSH-F
Ram: DDR4 Crucial ECC Unbuffered
Case: Supermicro 825TQ
Backplane: BPN-SAS-825TQ
HBA:LSI 9211 8i

I have setup my Freenas server with the components listed above. The problem I am running into is that the Hard Drives are not being recognized when plugged into the Hotswap bays by the bios/OS.
The backplane is BPN-825 and both JP13 and JP10 4 pin power connectors are connected.
https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/BPN-SAS-825TQ.pdf
My hard drives are connected to the backplane and the backplane is connected to a HBA Adaptor.
When I plug the hard drive directly to the motherboard and use a separate molex to sata adaptor the hard drive is being recognized by both Bios/OS. When going over the manual for the backplane there are two power connectors and I made sure they are seated fine. The manual does make mention of I2C and SGPIO for smart tests etc. I know the backplane is getting power in general because I can boot off the power button in front of the case and there are led lights flashing.Has anyone run into this issue where backplane doesnt seem to be providing power to the Hard Drives. This would be the last roadblock into getting the system running. Any and all help would be most appreciated. Thanks

Remy

Dec 17, 2015
Ill take that lol I also posted on on servethehome but its a $24 mistake not a big deal. Ordered forward cablea and they are on the way. My fault for not reading the guides thoroughly.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Hehe, no harm done, it happens to us all at some point. You just need to find another use for the reverse cable now, maybe the beginnings of a wee HTPC or something ;) :)