H13SSL + Epyc Zen 4

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

geonap

Mar 2, 2021
I recently purchased an Epyc 9274F below retail and was wondering, what does someone do to ensure these are legitimate and functioning processors that aren't going to burn me in the long run.

The processors look fine, they don't look modified in any way, there is a slight scratch under "MADE IN MALAYSIA" and a capital S under MADE IN MALAYSIA.

I'm going to pop this into a CSE-826 and won't be using any peripherals, just 768gb ram + two onboard nvme's.

Any advice would be appreciated.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
you can check the stepping with CPU-Z or HWinfo, they also show you PRD/ES status.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
what does someone do to ensure these are legitimate and functioning processors that aren't going to burn me in the long run.
even a retail one can brick, CPU is a complex thing and the manuf. can not run them for years just to see if one is faulty.
for that reason the manuf. provides warranty.

geonap

Mar 2, 2021
i will check if i can manage to boot in. i had attempted to install windows 11 to an untested 0x800701B1 error. we were using a single cpu 8 pin connected 750w at my buddies and i stopped it then to bring it home.

now, i have it on a rev 1.2 pdb supermicro 2u, taped up everything needed to prevent shorting and i am not posting at all.

i'll remove all the dimms and try from there however i can connect to IPMI, no info there, post snooping shows FF.

-edit, let this be a second lesson, my friend didn't screw in the other four screws to the heatsink.
i did this with the previous epyc months back.

i'll see how i can set up, @ano, want to compare or share your bench?

Last edited:

geonap

Mar 2, 2021
i ran passmark with 768gb 4800b ram that is on the tested list:

cpu mark 73557.7

hoping it's close to what you have @ano, it looks like it's very close to the benchmark. i guess i'll run some stresses and see where it goes.