H12SSL-i IPMI Status: Not working

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ano

Nov 7, 2022
I've got a H12 dual socket version where no sensor data os showing up, and I cannot reset chassis intrusion, latest bios & ipmi, everything else works, tried differrent os, and ram etc.

thulle

Apr 11, 2019
I've got a H12 dual socket version where no sensor data os showing up, and I cannot reset chassis intrusion, latest bios & ipmi, everything else works, tried differrent os, and ram etc.
Is the most recent BMC firmware as recent for the dual socket version as it is for the single socket?

ocfguy

Oct 25, 2022
I also purchased a H12SSL-i from the same vendor and am experiencing the same issue. I updated both firmware and BIOS when I received the mobo, which went fine, but I didn't power it on since I didn't have RDIMMs on hand. When I assembled everything together today I couldn't get the BMC to work, BMC LED never lit up, also shows up as IPMI: not working under BIOS. Took a long time to bios w/ a dGPU, seemingly not progressing beyond UEFI as well.

@RolloZ170: I updated the BIOS to the latest version after updating the BMC.

@thulle: what I noticed was that an IC (could be U4/U5/U6, but I think it's U6 that's running hot) next to the DRAM of the BMC was hot to the touch. Is your BMC LED solid green or off?

Last edited:

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
maybe the FW was to old and the update to new. usualy on SM you have to update in steps, not to the latest avail. FW.
if you have issues you have to solve this first. update a BMC with issues is not a good idea.
to see sensor data you have to proceed a FULL POST sequence first after change RAM size & CPU type / cold boot.
if you reset / clear / init. something and a tool or the WebGUI says "ok, operation complete..." DON'T touch the system for some minutes.
mostly the operation is started in the background and some flash NAND init. has to be done. any reset and or power cycle will brick your BMC.