H11DSi-NT motherboard for EPYC, one memory channel is not working after series of experiments

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

aeugene1977

Jan 13, 2023
Hi. I bought a slightly used H11DSi-NT motherboard. I tested it with Epyc 7282 processors (4 pairs) and 512 GB of RAM (16 pieces of 32 GB each) 2666 MHz, while all the memory bars were visible in the system. Then I installed 2 Epyc 7601 processors and one memory bar in the P1-DIMMH1 slot stopped being detected. I swapped processors and RAM bars, but the result remained the same. What is the cause of this problem? Have I damaged any contacts? I am attaching a photo of the socket, maybe you will see the problem, I did not find it myself.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Reset the bios completely. Clear CMOS. This memory slot was not accurately identified once. The error was never cleared, so the board does not recognized in the upcoming boot sequences.

Reactions: aeugene1977

aeugene1977

Jan 13, 2023
Reset the bios completely. Clear CMOS. This memory slot was not accurately identified once. The error was never cleared, so the board does not recognized in the upcoming boot sequences.
Thanks for the advice. I have cleared CMOS, but surprisingly, now the "broken" memory bar has moved to another processor socket and to another DIMM - P2-DIMMF1! I am attaching a photo. How to reset BIOS completely?

Attachments

Last edited:

aeugene1977

Jan 13, 2023
I apologize for the trouble, the problem has been solved: I pulled out the processor and saw a few tiny specks of dust on it, removed them and put it back on, turned it on and all memory channels became visible!

Reactions: gb00s